CPM® (Certified Property Manager) COMMITTEE
- Identifies local charity or community organizations that would benefit from the support of the chapter, whether financially or through volunteering of time and energy.
- Plans fundraising and other supportive events for the charity or community organizations.
- Seeks out and encourages qualified individuals to attend the CPM® courses and to apply for the designation.
ARM® (Accredited Residential Manager) COMMITEE
- Plans annual ARM® charity event for the ARM® members and to promote the designation to non-members in the real estate industry.
- Seeks out and encourages qualified individuals to attend the ARM® courses and to apply for the certification.
- Oversees the development of the annual course schedule for the chapter; collaborates as needed with education contacts within region, and with the Education Services team at IREM® Headquarters to finalize schedule.
- Ensures that the chapter has strategies for recruiting students.
- Develops strategies to market courses and works with chapter leadership to implement them.
- Acts as backup course administrator when necessary and assists with course logistics.
- Reviews all education-related communications from IREM® Headquarters.
- Reviews applications and assists with the membership approval process.
- Works with Membership Committee to plan non-credentialed education for our members.
- Meet and/or exceed Chapter Income/Expense Analysis® Goals, provided by IREM® Headquarters. Chapter Goals are based on an average of the past three years’ submittals.
- Monitor the I/E website, tracking the status of your chapter submittals. Chapter login will be provided.
- Contact contributors: both new and previous; members and non-members; promoting the I/E program and encouraging them to submit their properties data to the Income/Expense Analysis program. Previous contributor contact information is available on the I/E website. Contributors who submit by the April 1st deadline will receive a free I/E book and an Individual Building Report (IBR).
- Outreach to non-members within the real estate community, introducing IREM and the I/E program encouraging them to participate to the I/E survey.
- Attend the I/E webinar in January/February. IREM staff will demonstrates how chapters utilize the Chapter Workbench; how contributors can submit their property data, use the website and other tools available on the website; and explain the benefits to submitting to the I/E program.
- Review and recommend chapter goals for upcoming year when goals are announced in September.
INDUSTRY PARTNER COMMITTEE
- Serves as a liaison between the Chapter and Industry Partners.
- Represents the interests of those who provide products and services to our members and establishes a benefits package for Industry Partners.
- Seeks out sponsorship from vendors serving the real estate industry.
- Plans annual Membership Appreciation Event.
- Establishes the annual calendar for Chapter meetings.
- Identifies and recommends timely topics and speakers for meetings.
- Extends invitation to speakers and coordinates necessary audio/visual needs with the IAE.
- Obtains speaker bio and introduces speaker at meeting.
- Serve as the liaison between IREM Headquarters Government Affairs staff and your chapter.
- Provide communication and information to chapter members on pertinent local, state, and sometimes federal legislation and policy.
- Encourage chapter member participation in legislative activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials at all levels of government.
- Issue and encourage participation in legislative or regulatory "Calls-for-Action,” requests for involvement from IREM Headquarters, and coordinating legislative needs within the chapter.
- Coordinate and implement an “IREM Day at Statehouse” program to establish relationships between chapter members and state legislators, position IREM as an available resource, and discuss pertinent policy issues if necessary.
- Attend IREM Headquarters Capitol Hill Fly-In in Washington D.C.
- Complete training to be familiarized with website and resources, and participate in follow-up training and educational sessions when available.
- Recruitment, engagement and retention.
- Evaluate research to determine sources and forms of membership, identify impediments to membership and solutions for overcoming those impediments.
- Suggest strategies to enhance membership growth.
- Create a Candidate Guidance/Mentor program within the chapter.
- Works with Education Committee to plan non-credentialed education for our members.
- Develops and implements a program to attract new people to the commercial real estate management industry.
- Plans an annual event to help grow our membership and industry with young professionals.
TRADE SHOW COMMITTEE
- Plans annual trade show.
- Works with IAE to secure booth sales and to promote the show to property management professionals
GOLF OUTING COMMITTEE
- Plans annual golf outing
- Works with IAE to secure sponsorships and players
CLAY SHOOT COMMITTEE
- Plans annual sporting clays event
- Works with IAE to secure sponsorships and players